Today is my Mom's 65th Birthday and I made her a Strawberry pie. The same kind I made for my birthday. It is so good I thought I would share the recipe. I have revised the recipe to bring it back to the basics of cooking. I hope you enjoy it and would like your comments on it too.
No Roll Pie Crust-makes one 9 inch pie crust
1 1/2 cups Spelt Flour (Whole wheat pastry flour can be used too)
2 tsp Organic Evaporated Palm Sugar
1/2 tsp of Organic Sea Salt
1/2 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 TBSP of Organic whole milk or raw milk
Stir all together and pat into 9 inch pie pan
For this recipe you will need to bake the crust before adding the filling. Bake at 450 for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch for desired doneness.
Strawberry Pie
1 (9 inch) No Roll pie Crust, Baked
6 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup Organic Evaporated Palm Sugar
4 TBSP Arrowroot
3/4 cup clean water
Arrange half of the strawberries in the baked pastry shell. Mash (put in blender) remaining berries and combine with the Organic Evaporated Palm Sugar in a medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot and clean water. Gradually stir in the arrowroot mixture into the boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring consistently. Pour mixture over berries in pastry shell. Chill for several hours before serving. Serves 8

No comments:
Post a Comment